TCM DermatologyNovember 11 &12, 2023
- Baifang Zhu
The course consists of four main parts:
1. Overview of TCM dermatology:
Systematic introduction of Syndrome differentiation and treatment characteristics of skin Disorders
2. Diagnosis and treatments of common skin diseases
vitiligo, Herpes zoster, Herpes simplex and skin fungal infections
3. Diagnosis and treatment of difficult skin diseases
Erythroderma and Chronic Lower Leg Ulcers
4. Introduction of Topical TCM Remedies for Skin Disorders with Hands-on Practice
1.Introduction of Syndrome differentiation and treatment characteristics of skin Disorders
1）Syndrome Differentiation according to
2）Treatment Determination according to
• Syndrome Differentiation
• Disease stage
• Pattern Identification
• Western Diagnosis
2. Introduction of Topical TCM Remedies for Skin Disorders
3. Vitiligo—Clinical Characteristics and TCM Treatment
4. Herpes Zoster & Herpes Simplex—Clinical Characteristics and TCM Treatment
5. TCM Treatment Experiences on Common Fungal Skin disorders
• Tinea Corporis
• Tinea Manus & Pedis
• Tinea Versicolor
6. Introduction of a severe Skin Disorder: Erythroderma.
• The Clinical Characteristics
• TCM Treatment Experiences
7. TCM Treatment for Venous Stasis Ulcer
8. TCM Treatment for Chronic Lower Leg Pain
9.Introduction of Magic 5 Ointment (with Hands-on Practice)
Great remedy to remove skin moles, tags, warts and benign tumours.
- Baifang ZhuBaifang Zhu graduated from Hunan University of Traditional Chinese Medicine in 1987 with a BSc(Hons) and MSc of TCM. Was a TCM consultant, Dermatologist and Acupuncturist at the Teaching Hospital of Hunan University of TCM since 1987, also a senior lecture and deputy director at the Dermatology Dept. Was the Deputy Director of National Chinese-Western Medical Infectious Diseases Treatment Research Centre (China).
Shenzhou student: 15%
External TCM student 5%
(Limited places available for students)
Please see the payment and registration conditions for seminars in the registration form.
- NVA AT, NWP, LVNT, VBAG, TCMned
- Zhong is requested
Dates & Time
10 am – 17 pm (1 hour break)
Geldersekade 67, 1011 EK Amsterdam
Levels of experience
- Acupuncturist, or final year student
Number of participants
More TCM seminars
15 days Online Chinese Herbal Medicine-Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Unit Two
These online seminars aim to provide an opportunity to those who have qualified as acupuncturists & Tuina practitioners to learn the basic knowledge of the most commonly used single herbs and the classic herbal formulas used in the clinic.
Indicative teaching contents
The total learning is 15 days, which is divided into three units. Each unit includes 5 study days.
Read more >
This 2 day workshop will introduce you to the world of cosmetic acupuncture focusing on the theory and the practice.
Cosmetic acupuncture is a safe and interesting alternative to fillers and other popular, but invasive cosmetic treatments. It has TCM roots and uses a holistic approach to the topic of beauty.
The workshop is divided in two parts.The first day we will learn about the aging and regeneration processes of the skin from a Western medical point of view,including anatomical and physiological aspects explaining the function,aging and regeneration of the skin.
Read more >
Landscape and architecture – Names of acupuncture points and their functions
In Yellow Emperor’s Classic of Internal Medicine, it indicates where the Qi flows out gets a related name on the point. In the book Additional Essential Prescriptions Worth a Thousand Gold, it states that the names of acupuncture points are not from fantasy but are given with profound thought and deep meanings.
Read more >