- The Chinese Medical Center BV (CMC BV) was founded in 1986 by Mr. Z.L. Dong in Utrecht, the Netherlands.
- The establishment of the ETAATC, now Shenzhou Open University of TCM.
- Chinese Medical Center BV and Shenzhou Open University of TCM moved to its present location in Amsterdam.
- Mr. Z.L. Dong established the Vereniging Traditionele Chinese Geneeswijze in Nederland (VTCGN), a unique association as it is the only Chinese association for TCM in our country. Membership of the VTCGN is not limited to Chinese practitioners exclusively. TCM practitioners in the Netherlands, of all nationalities, can become members of this association.
- Establishment of the Pan European Federation of TCM Societies (PEFOTS) by Mr. Z.L. Dong, the present chairman of PEFOTS.
- The CMC Tasly Group BV was established, a joint-venture of Chinese Medical Center BV and Tasly (Pharmaceutical) Group Ltd., of Tianjin, China.
- Externship agreement with Beijing TCM University and Zhejiang TCM University
- After a three years training the first Herbalists graduated in October 2006.
- The first two groups Medical Qigong received their certificate.
- Shenzhou Open University of TCM participates in the newly established Acupunctuur Netwerk (A.N.), a joint effort of professional associations and educational institutes in the field of TCM to establish a quality mark and safeguard the professional quality of TCM practitioners.
- A select few abstracts of our graduated Acupuncture students were published in a professional magazine.
- The first group Advanced Medical Qigong received their certificate.
- Registration at the Centraal Register Kort Beroepsonderwijs (CRKBO).
- Start education in the Dutch language
- CPION approved Medical Basic Knowledge (MBK)
- SNRO accreditation 240 EC (including Western Medicine): Acupuncture, Herbal Medicine, Tuina