Foundations of Chinese Medicine
The purpose of Foundations of Chinese Medicine is to provide basic knowledge of Chinese Medicine, which is mandatory for further study of Acupuncture, Herbal Medicine or Tuina. Foundations of Chinese Medicine consists of basic theories such as Yin Yang and Five Elements, Zangfu theory, TCM aetiology, pathology and diagnosis. Foundations of Chinese Medicine is an important bridge from theory to clinic.
In addition to the teacher contact hours you work together with fellow students in a Literature study group and practice together in the Interactive Practice groups. Already after a few months of theoretical training you start to do apprenticeships in our own clinic.
The course is accredited by SNRO.
- Basic Characteristics of Chinese Medicine
- Yin and Yang
- Five Elements
- Zang Fu Organs
- Qi, Blood and Body Fluids
- Aetiology and Pathogenesis of Chinese Medicine
- Tongue diagnosis
- Pulse diagnosis
- Other diagnostic methods
- Pattern Identification: 8 principles, Pathogenic factors
- Pattern Identification: Zang Fu Organs
- Pattern Identification: Qi, Blood and Body Fluids
- Pattern Identification: 6 stages, Triple Burners and 4 levels
- Establishing contact with the patients: attitude of the therapist
Please note: We plan our courses carefully but unforeseen situations can occur during the study year. Therefore schedules are subject to change. Shenzhou reserves the right to modify the schedule in the course of the year. Courses might be suspended in case the number of registered students is insufficient.