Shenzhou Open University of TCM is immediately looking for an enthusiastic study coordinator or study coordinator for our programmes. 24 hours per week, initially for a period of 6 months with the opportunity of advancement to full time.
- Communication with students and teachers and related administrative tasks.
- Planning school activities, including seminars, Open Days, graduation ceremonies, etc. in addition to the regular class and exam schedule.
- Maintaining the website and student portal (WordPress, and Moodle)
- Meetings and contact with external parties, such as professional associations, accreditation institutes, international contacts, etc.
- Organisational preparation of classes, canteen and management of the school’s equipment. General stock management.
- Annual update of study guides, scheduling of advertisements.
- Administrative work for professional association TCMned.
As study coordinator, you are the contact point for teachers and students and are responsible for the ins and outs of school activities alongside the other study coordinators and the dean.
Lessons take place mainly at weekends, which requires working mainly on Saturdays and some Sundays. Flexibility regarding regular weekend work is required. This will be planned in consultation with the other study coordinators.
The school is part of the Chinese Medical Center in Amsterdam, known for its clinic, Chinese herbal department and shop for TCM products, located in Amsterdam’s Chinese neighbourhood.
- Excellent command of Dutch and good command of English in word and writing; knowledge of Chinese is a plus but not required.
- Good command of Word, Excel and Power point.
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn to work with: the database programme FileMaker, the learning platform Moodle and furthermore Publisher and WordPress.
- Minimum HAVO level and relevant education and/or experience in a similar organisational or secretarial position.
- Familiarity with Traditional Chinese Medicine is a plus but not a requirement.
Send your CV and response to:
Shenzhou Open University of TCM
Rob van Hees, study coordinator
Geldersekade 67, 1011 EK Amsterdam