The Tuina course is a practical training for those who have successfully completed the Foundation of Chinese Medicine and intend to become a Tuina therapist. Also, fully qualified acupuncturists with a valid diploma in acupuncture can follow this course.
The emphasis of this course is on the basic training and the practical application of the Tuina manipulations and the treatment of common diseases for both adults and infants.
A presentation and writing a thesis form a part of the course.
In addition to the teacher contact hours you practice the Tuina techniques together with your fellow students during the Interactive Practice hours. In the clinical apprenticeships you will be inspired by seeing experienced Tuina therapists at work.
Subjects of the 1st year of Tuina
- History of Acupuncture and Moxibustion
- General knowledge about meridians and acupuncture points
- Meridian system
- Acupuncture techniques
- Moxibustion and Cupping
- Ear-, Scalp-, Electro Acupuncture
- Clinical acupuncture points selection
Subjects of the 2nd year of Tuina:
- History of Tuina
- Tuina basic training
- Tuina manipulations
- Infantile Tuina: specific points in Children
- Infantile Tuina: specific manipulations
- Tuina therapeutics in various diseases
- Tuina therapeutics: Infantile diseases
- Walk steadily over the bridge: from class to clinic
Please note: We plan our courses carefully but unforeseen situations can occur during the study year. Therefore schedules are subject to change. Shenzhou reserves the right to modify the schedule in the course of the year. Courses might be suspended in case the number of registered students is insufficient.