Webinar: Treating dermatological diseases with Acupuncture and Chinese Herbs
|Accreditation||NVA AT, ZHONG Cat. 1, VBAG, NWP, VNT|
|Duration||Saturday and Sunday from 10 am – 5 pm.|
|Dates||26th and 27th of September 2020|
|Lecturer||Baifang Zhu, MSc|
|The course is suitable for the following levels of experience:
|The number of participants is limited.|
1）Common Skin Lesions in Dermatology-TCM
Differentiation and Treatment Illustration
- Lesion type
- Description of Skin Lesions
- TCM Differentiation and Treatment Illustration on Common Skin Lesions
2）Common skin disease’s diagnostic essentials and TCM treatments including eczema, psoriasis, acne, rosacea，urticaria and pruritus.
- diagnostic essentials
- clinic manifestation
- differential diagnosis
- pattern identification and Chinese Herbal treatment
- TCM external treatment
- acupuncture treatment
- personal remedies
About the lecturer:
Baifang Zhu MBAcC, MB & MSc of TCM
Chief TCM Physician; Consultant Acupuncturist and Dermatologist; Senior Lecture of Chinese Medicine
With over 32 years of experience and membership of the British Acupuncture Council and the Association of Traditional Chinese Medicine (UK), Professor Baifang Zhu is a well versed TCM Practitioner specialising in Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine.
After graduating from the Hunan University of Traditional Chinese Medicine in 1987 with a BSc (Hons) and MSc of TCM, he has worked as a TCM Consultant and Acupuncturist at the Teaching Hospital of Hunan University of TCM. He has also been a senior lecturer and deputy director of the Dermatology Dept whilst at Hunan University. Further experience includes being the Deputy Director of National Chinese-Western Medical Infectious Diseases Treatment Research Centre (China) and Director and Chief TCM Physician with Herbs Plus Ltd.
• MSc (TCM & Acupuncture)
• Professional Membership：FMATCM, MBAcC
• Member of The NHS Directory of Complementary & Alternative Practitioners.
• 1984-1987 Master Degree of Medicine (MSc) on TCM Dermatology, Hunan University of TCM, China.
• 1979-1984 Bachelor Degree of Medicine (Equivalent to BSc or MBBS) on TCM, Hunan University of TCM, China.
• 1987-1994 Deputy director of Dermatology Dept., Senior Lecturer and Consultant TCM Doctor, Acupuncturist and Dermatologist, at the Teaching Hospital of Hunan University of TCM.
• 1994-Present: Managing director of Herbs Plus Ltd, chief TCM Doctor and Acupuncturist.
• 2016.10.3–Professor, Chief TCM Physician（WFCMS）
• 2018.3–Honoured Vice President, Dermatology Association, China Association of Chinese Medicine (China)
• One of the two key researchers on the project: ’The Clinical Research of Vitiligo with Chinese Herbal Medicine’, which won the 1995 Science & Technology Award of the National Health Ministry, China.
• Worked for the last 25 years in London as a registered Chinese herbalist and acupuncturist in leading Chinese Medicine Clinics.
• During July 1995 and September 1998 Channel 4 television and Capital Radio interviewed him about Chinese medicine for libido and erection improvement.