Lyme Disease8 February. 2024
- Toine Korthout
During this interactive continuing education day, we will explore the cause, transmission, symptoms in various stages, pathophysiology, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of Lyme disease. We will also consider differential diagnostic considerations. There will, of course, be an opportunity for participants to exchange their (both personal and professional) experiences.
By the end of this seminar you should be able to …
• Understand the cause, which includes:
o the causative agent
o the vector and its life cycle
o the transmission;
• Recognize the potential symptoms in different stages
• Comprehend what happens in the body following exposure to the causative agent (i.e., the pathophysiology of this condition)
• Identify the various tests that can lead to a diagnosis
• Be aware of the available treatment options
• Understand the preventive measures that can be taken
- Toine KorthoutStudied natural medicine at the "Nederlandse Akademie voor Natuurgeneeskunde" in Hilversum, medicine at the Rijksuniversiteit Limburg in Maastricht (Msc 1988, MD 1991), acupuncture education at Stichting NAAV Education with specialization auriculo (1996) and Pedagogic Didactical skills for HBO teachers at Interstudie NDO van Hogeschool Arnhem en Nijmegen (2013).
Shenzhou student: 15%
External TCM student 5%
(Limited places available for students)
Please see the payment and registration conditions for seminars in the registration form.
- NVA WM, Zhong (Cat.2A), NWP, LVNT, VBAG, TCMned
Dates & Time
10 am – 17 pm (1 hour break)
Geldersekade 67, 1011 EK Amsterdam
Levels of experience
- Acupuncturist, Herbalist or final year student
- Therapist with valid MBK (WM) diploma
Number of participants
More WM | WM seminars
Auriculo therapy – Introduction and Treatment of Locomotor system problems
Locomotor system problems are among the most important indications for Auriculo therpy interventions. After this seminar you will be able to practice ear point stimulation and auricular mobilization yourself.
Read more >
How to run your Practice successfully
As a therapist, you are mainly trained as a professional who gives the right treatments and advice to the patient. But to successfully run your own practice, entrepreneurship is also expected of you. This theme often remains underexposed during the study and the period immediately following it. This ‘Active in Practice’ seminar offers a complete format so that you can start your own practice with success and confidence from the start.
Read more >