Communication in Integrative medicine consultationsOctober 13, 2023
- Martien Brands
Our attention in Integrative medicine for the personal characteristics of a patient demands also a fluent conversational technique. In this workshop we will address
– the main features of a conversation, and how people are ‘organizing’ it without being aware of that,
– becoming more conscious of what we ‘do’ when we ‘talk’- with and without words.
– how we can through this awareness, assist patients to guide us to the most important parts of their story of illness.
– gaining a deeper insight in the wishes, desires and suffering of people who visit us to share their story of illness. Especially, how can we ‘ask further’, getting a clue of the experience of illness while respecting the patient, and stay ‘on the same wavelength’ with each other.
So, also this training is like a ‘workshop’ for exercising specific attitudes and actions.
- Martien BrandsMartien Brands, MD PhD, was a Senior Lecturer in Clinical Homeopathy at the University of Liverpool from 2002 to 2007. From 2007 to 2013 he led the Center for Integrated Care in Amsterdam. Since then he has been conducting homeopathic research into the effects on malaria, cancer and migraine and the interaction between doctors and patients. He has been teaching Foundations of Western Medicine (MBK) and Western Medicine continuing education seminars at HVNA since 2012 and at Shenzhou Open University of TCM since 2017.
Shenzhou student: 15%
External TCM student 5%
(Limited places available for students)
Please see the payment and registration conditions for seminars in the registration form.
- NVA WM-C, Zhong Cat. 3 (7 NAP), NWP, LVNT, VBAG, TCMned
Dates & Time
10 am – 17 pm (1 hour break)
Geldersekade 67, 1011 EK Amsterdam
Levels of experience
- Acupuncturist, Herbalist or final year student
- Therapist with valid MBK (WM) diploma