15 days Online Chinese Herbal Medicine-Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Unit OneJanuary 15, February 12, March 5, April 16& May 7, 2023
- Huijun Shen
- Tiejun Tang
These online seminars aim to provide an opportunity to those who have qualified as acupuncturists & Tuina practitioners to learn the basic knowledge of the most commonly used single herbs and the classic herbal formulas used in the clinic.
The total learning is 15 days, which is divided into three units. Each unit includes 5 study days.
Indicative teaching contents:
The basic concepts of single herbs and Chinese herbal formulas
- Quality control and European regulations for materia medica.
- Forbidden animal and botanical medical substances in Europe
- The most commonly used Herbs and Formulas that release exterior syndrome
- The most commonly used Herbs and Formulas that drain downwards
- The most commonly used Herbs and Formulas that tonify
- The most commonly used Herbs and formulas that clear heat
- The most commonly used Herbs and formulas that warm the interior
- The most commonly used Herbs and formulas that regulate Qi
- The most commonly used Herbs and formulas that regulate Blood
- The most commonly used Herbs and formulas that stop bleeding
- Huijun ShenGraduated from Shanghai University of TCM in 1982. From 1982 until 1985, he worked as a physician at the Xinjiang Hospital of Chinese Medicine. He obtained his master’s degree at the College of Chinese Herbal Medicine, Beijing University of TCM in 1988.
- Tiejun TangTiejun Tang graduated from Heilongjiang University of TCM with a BSc degree in 1984. After graduation, he worked in the TCM Department of Xijing Hospital of the Fourth Military Medical University. After graduation with a MSc degree from the TCM Department of the First Military Medical University in 1992, he worked as lecturer and senior doctor at the university.
Shenzhou student: 15%
External TCM student 5%
(Limited places available for students)
Please see the payment and registration conditions for seminars in the registration form.
- NVA ATK, Zhong (Cat.1), NWP, LVNT, VBAG, TCMned
Dates & Time
10 am – 17 pm (1 hour break)
Levels of experience
- Acupucunturist, Herbalist or Tuina therapist
- Shiatsu therapist
Number of participants
More TCM seminars
This 2 day workshop will introduce you to the world of cosmetic acupuncture focusing on the theory and the practice.
Cosmetic acupuncture is a safe and interesting alternative to fillers and other popular, but invasive cosmetic treatments. It has TCM roots and uses a holistic approach to the topic of beauty.
The workshop is divided in two parts.The first day we will learn about the aging and regeneration processes of the skin from a Western medical point of view,including anatomical and physiological aspects explaining the function,aging and regeneration of the skin.
Read more >
Auriculo therapy – Introduction and Treatment of Locomotor system problems
Locomotor system problems are among the most important indications for Auriculo therpy interventions. After this seminar you will be able to practice ear point stimulation and auricular mobilization yourself.
Read more >
“Motion Acupuncture” refers to the application of Motion Acupuncture (MA) needles and the use of dynamic retaining needles to treat diseases. That is during the treatment, the patient exercises specific parts of the body under the guidance of the doctor.
Read more >