15 days Online Chinese Herbal Medicine-Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Unit TwoSeptember 9, October 8, November 5, December 3, 2023 & January 7, 2024
- Dan Tan
- Huijun Shen
- Tiejun Tang
These online seminars aim to provide an opportunity to those who have qualified as acupuncturists & Tuina practitioners to learn the basic knowledge of the most commonly used single herbs and the classic herbal formulas used in the clinic.
The total learning is 15 days, which is divided into three units. Each unit includes 5 study days.
Indicative teaching contents: (Modules 6-10)
Unit Two (modules 6-10):
The most commonly used Herbs that drain dampness
The most commonly used Herbs that aromatically transform dampness
The most commonly used Herbs that expel wind dampness
The most commonly used Formulae that expel dampness
The most commonly used Herbs that remove phlegm
The most commonly used formulas that remove phlegm
The most commonly used Formulas that moisten dryness
The most commonly used Herbs and formulas that stabilize and bind
The most commonly Formulas that treat boils, sores and swellings
The most commonly used Herbs that promote digestion
The most commonly used Formulas to remove food accumulation
The most commonly used Formulas for harmonizing
The most commonly used formulas that expel and extinguish wind
The most commonly used Herbs and formulas that open the orifice
The most commonly Formulas that calm the mind
- Dan TanDan Tan is Academic Dean of Shenzhou Open University of TCM and a passionate and conscientious academic professional with much teaching & clinical practice experience, mainly in the UK and China, within the Higher Education Sectors. Dan has spent over 10 years at Middlesex University.
- Huijun ShenGraduated from Shanghai University of TCM in 1982. From 1982 until 1985, he worked as a physician at the Xinjiang Hospital of Chinese Medicine. He obtained his master’s degree at the College of Chinese Herbal Medicine, Beijing University of TCM in 1988.
- Tiejun TangTiejun Tang graduated from Heilongjiang University of TCM with a BSc degree in 1984. After graduation, he worked in the TCM Department of Xijing Hospital of the Fourth Military Medical University. After graduation with a MSc degree from the TCM Department of the First Military Medical University in 1992, he worked as lecturer and senior doctor at the university.
Shenzhou student: 15%
External TCM student 5%
(Limited places available for students)
Please see the payment and registration conditions for seminars in the registration form.
- NVA ATK, Zhong (Cat.1), NWP, LVNT, VBAG, TCMned
Dates & Time
10 am – 17 pm (1 hour break)
Levels of experience
- Acupucunturist, Herbalist or Tuina therapist
- Shiatsu therapist
Number of participants
More TCM seminars
This 2 day workshop will introduce you to the world of cosmetic acupuncture focusing on the theory and the practice.
Cosmetic acupuncture is a safe and interesting alternative to fillers and other popular, but invasive cosmetic treatments. It has TCM roots and uses a holistic approach to the topic of beauty.
The workshop is divided in two parts.The first day we will learn about the aging and regeneration processes of the skin from a Western medical point of view,including anatomical and physiological aspects explaining the function,aging and regeneration of the skin.
Read more >
Landscape and architecture – Names of acupuncture points and their functions
In Yellow Emperor’s Classic of Internal Medicine, it indicates where the Qi flows out gets a related name on the point. In the book Additional Essential Prescriptions Worth a Thousand Gold, it states that the names of acupuncture points are not from fantasy but are given with profound thought and deep meanings.
Read more >
Communication in Integrative medicine consultations
Our attention in Integrative medicine for the personal characteristics of a patient demands also a fluent conversational technique. In this workshop it will be addressed.
Read more >